Friday, November 23, 2007

Eeewww!!!

The nights when I am home I like to give the kids a bath. I am a clean freak after all. I will usually bathe Aidan first and then let Abigail have her bath. Apparently I am giving Aidan his bath when it is time for him to have his evening bowel movement. Twice in the last week he has pooped in the bath.

When it happens, I scoop all the toys out of the bath and put them in the sink to rinse off. I stand Aidan up and rinse him off. After drying him and putting him in his jammies, I clean out the tub.

Poop pretty much feels like you would imagine it feels.

Fortunately, the toilet is right next to the tub. I am not really very squeamish anymore. I have seen a lot of blood and other bodily fluids at work. But if you told me ten years ago that I would be scooping my son's poop out of the bath tub with my bare hands ... well... Can you really wash your hands enough after that?

1 comment:

Judy said...

I think I would pick a different bath time. Yuck!