Thursday, November 22, 2007

Low Brow Humor

I used to be a little bit of a movie snob. I watched indie flicks that were notable mostly for their lack of plot and slow pacing. I fancied myself an intellectual. Who needs entertainment? Not me.

And then I saw "Dumb and Dumber." It was a watershed event in my life. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. When Jeff Daniels was on the toilet I just about died. I mean, who hasn't had explosive diarrhea. And the bird with his head taped on... and the hot sauce... and the beer bottle. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

I've got no time for the horror/slasher/Gore genre. Why would I want to fill my head with that kind of stuff. "Saw(II,III,...XIII)" and "An Inconvenient Truth." Puhlease. The same with all the gratuitously violent action adventure flicks like "Die Hard" or "Bad Boys." Guns, explosions, car crashes, and suspended physical laws!!???!? I live that every day.

But "The 40 year Old Virgin." I've got all the time in the world for that.

No comments: