Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hit The Showers

I love a good shower. Standing under its warm caress after 12 hours in the salt mine, washing the grime and cares of the day away. Pure bliss.

Back when I was a young kid and just getting used to the habit of being clean, I took showers every morning. And then I went to bed dirty. Now I hate going to bed feeling grimy.

Later I was a two-shower-a-day guy. One in the morning and one in the evening. Not anymore. Except on work days, I generally only take a shower before going to bed. It saves water or something.

I like to camp in places that have showers. There is nothing more gratifying than rinsing the soap and shampoo off before the timer shuts off the shower. There is nothing more frustrating than having the timer shut off when you're still covered in soap. It's no fun fumbling with quarters while shampoo drips into your eyes.

It's not that I don't like to get dirty. I just like to be able to clean up after.

Okay, maybe I don't really like to get dirty.

No comments: