Friday, June 6, 2008

Abigail's Blanket


This is Abigail's blanket. It has been a source of comfort since she was an infant. She snuggles up with it every night before she goes to sleep.

An angel gave her the blanket.

When Abigail was about 7 months old, we were still living in downtown Riverside. One evening, Tabitha decided to collect leaves from the neighborhood trees to use for an art project at school. It was a warm late summer evening.

As we walked around the neighborhood with Abigail in her stroller, I noticed Tabitha was strangely argumentative. I soon realized she had low blood sugar.

We had no candy, no juice -- nothing. I didn't even have my cell phone. I was starting to get nervous as my ever diminishing options ran through my head.

We were about five blocks from home as we headed up a street. A woman and her two young children were standing in their front yard. I explained Tabitha's low blood sugar and asked if they had any juice. The woman immediately went inside and came back with a large glass of juice and a baby blanket for Abigail.
Tabitha soon came back to normal, while Abigail snuggled up in the blanket. The lady told us to keep the blanket.

We never learned her name.

3 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

i meant to comment on this when i first read it...

i really love this story. :)

Sally said...

Blessings on that special lady.

Sally said...

Blessings on that special lady.