Monday, October 13, 2008

It Must be Autumn...

... cause I've got ropey clumps of phlegm dripping down the back of my throat. There's nothing like hacking up a mouthful of phlegm in the middle of the night.

It's beautiful.

The leaves are changing. The Santa Anas have arrived to make every firefighter think that there might be enough overtime for a great Christmas this year. The air has that cool crispness. The A/C stays off and I start to think about firing up the furnace. I get to wear long trousers. And a sweatshirt. And rain, sweet rain, the gift from above, is just around the corner.

Here in So-Cal we have two seasons: Summer, and Not Summer. We are finally coming into Not Summer, my favorite time of the year.

Except for the phlegm.

3 comments:

Sally said...

We are looking forward to a temp. of 61 today...almost warm...

dean said...

Autumn in Montana is preferable to whatever it is you have in California

brian said...

That does it! I'm putting a donut- eating deputy reference in my next blog posting!