Monday, March 10, 2008

Our Weekend in Santa Maria

My Dad flew down from Montana for Uncle Ramon's funeral in Santa Maria. We had a burial service on Friday and a memorial at First Baptist on Saturday. I took the kids with us to give Tabitha a break.

Uncle Mark and Aunt Toni were kind enough to give us a place to stay for the night. The kids and I stayed in their master bedroom while Grandpa slept in the den. Uncle Bob and Aunt Elaine stayed in the guest bedroom. Toni made sure the kids had toys to play with and full bellies.

My Grandpa had this merry-go-round built in 1950. Abigail is the third generation to enjoy it.



The merry-go-round moved from Long Beach to my Grandparent's house in Santa Maria. When my Grandma moved out of the house, Uncle Mark installed it at his house.

The kids didn't last very long in the memorial service so we went out to the playground. I don't think Aidan is afraid of heights.


It was a beautiful day.


They enjoyed spending time with Grandpa. Too bad he had to go back to Montana.

No comments: