Monday, December 31, 2007

Mmmmm! V

I like pancakes. I like whole wheat pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, buckwheat pancakes, and cornmeal pancakes. I don't care for fruit or nuts in my pancakes.


Another thing I don't like is store bought fake maple syrup. I like syrup that has been tapped from a maple tree in some state where they have snow and the people wear plaid woolly caps with ear flaps. I don't like syrup whose primary ingredient is corn syrup. In fact, I don't really like corn syrup at all. I think corn syrup is responsible for obesity, autism, diabetes, tooth decay, moral decay, and idiocy.


I do, however, like homemade fake maple syrup. Place 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, two cups water, and 1 teaspoon maple flavor in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar melts, stirring frequently. Do not boil. Bottle and refrigerate. Pour over your buckwheat pancakes and feel the sugar rush.

It's like eating candy for breakfast.

No comments: