Monday, February 11, 2008

No More Reality TV? Fat Chance

I guess the writer's strike is over and all of our favorite TV shows will restart production soon. Aside from 30 Rock and The Office I haven't really missed watching TV the past couple of months. There were still soccer games and Mythbusters on so I had plenty of hours to fill my time.

I like Heroes but I approach each new episode with a mix of emotions including anticipation and dread. I've actually enjoyed not riding that emotional rollercoaster.

I'm not a big fan of reality TV. In fact, I hate reality TV with it's contrived situations and unlikeable contestants. I've never watched Survivor, The Apprentice, So You Think You can Dance, Beauty and the Geek, or American Idol. Shows like that have little appeal to me.

But a well written show like 30 Rock? I'd take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

No comments: